Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Movie Disappointment


So far I've been pretty disappointed with the movies I've seen this summer. Iron Man 3 was good, but not great, Star Trek Into Darkness was good but not great, Man of Steel was "eh", and The Purge was pretty stupid. I'm likely to see World War Z and Pacific Rim in the near future but don't think either will be particularly good. Hopefully I'll see something good this summer.

Last week when I stopped for lunch at Luncha Libre and stepped away from my quesadilla obsession and ordered a Sloppy Jose. This is basically a sloppy Joe but made from ground beef and chorizo topped with a habanero queso sauce on a toasted roll. Wow it was good! I'm starting to think about trying to recreate it at home.


A little more on the healthy side was the pasta and bean soup I made last weekend.


Not quite a traditional recipe-it has zucchini in in it-and I use a tomato topping (diced tomato and basil) instead of adding tomato to the broth. This version seems more summery to me. Also for some reason this soup tastes best to me when warm instead of steaming hot. Yes, the daily temperature is near 110 degrees where I live and I made soup for dinner. I see no problem with that.


No comments: