Friday, December 28, 2012

Fall Semester Ending

The last few weeks of the semester kept me very busy.  I finished everything later than I had planned, but hey everything got done.  Given the late finish to the fall semester I can't believe that Christmas is early next week! (Yeah, I am late getting this posted!) There isn't much down time before the spring semester starts so the only thing I really have planned is to go see The Hobbit a few times.




Being busy I didn't have time to cook much. We had a cold spell (I use that loosely) here in AZ and I wanted to make soup. Not enough time so I had to wait until this weekend to do it.  The piles of kale at the store were looking pretty good so I made kale and potato soup by sweating some onion, garlic, celery then adding white wine, rosemary, and thyme. After the alcohol boiled out I added canned tomatoes (fire roasted with green chiles), potatoes, and vegetable broth, cooking until the potatoes were done, then adding the kale. Tasty, but then again I love soup.

A little late maybe but I finally got around to making some cranberry sauce.  I followed this recipe for the cranberry-orange sauce.  Very easy to make.  So easy to make I wonder why people still serve the jellied stuff in the can.



No comments: